lundi 25 mars 2013

Yogavita March News in English

Things don’t always happen as expected. Arriving in South Africa that was the case. Yogi Babacar Kane’s advice came to mind: to welcome, accept and adapt.  In such moments, breath is also a wonderful tool to find unity, calm and clarity

Fear and  anxiety rise sometimes
I want to overcome it
I come back to breath
I give breath my full attention
One hand on belly
One hand on heart
I savour each breath
I breathe in: the belly, ribs, chest, collarbone rise and expand
I breathe out: collarbone, chest, ribs and belly relax down
Again and again
Long slow deep breaths
Each one brings me closer to my true self
Each one brings be back to the middle road
Here I am calm and warm inside

I was welcomed as planned at the airport and transported straight to the bush! At sunrise, I watched Lions, baby lions, girafes,springbock, zebras in an open air véhicle. At sunset, rhinos, a whole herd of elephants, cobra and giraffes. Observing the animals i feel fully present. Their slow, clear movements are a joy. Colourful, peaceful, wonderful.

In Cape town also known as «the mother city» friendly squirrels roam in the company gardens, sheltered by the majestic Table Mountain and Lion’s head. 
A challenging 2 and a half hours hike was very worthwhile: clouds melting over the mountain top into ocean as sun set. The following day, a "vigilant" ride on the train to Simon’s town. I didn’t feel scared about travelling on my own  until I received a few comments en route «you are travelling by train  on your own, a woman, are you not scared?» Now i was a little! I was advised to travel first class and to travel back early evening and to always take a taxi after dark. This experience  allowed me to really appreciate the safe environment of Bordeaux! As I travel see that places have their dark and light sides.

The cape of good hope:Turqoise seas and wild winds.Boulder beach- only here would one see signs reading" please check under your cars for penguins before driving off". A a quick dip in the sea and a stroll.


I turn my head a whale
The grace with which
she lifts her mighty tail
Gives us an inkling
Of what is unseen 
Below water

 Cape Town is raw beauty and raw hurt: slavery  , apartheid, poverty, high unemployment, violence ,AIDs. The human spirit of courage and determination can be felt at the Nelson Mandela museum, the Slave lodge and many other initiatives throughout the city, like the Infecting the city performing arts festival as a means of empowerment and the carnival which took place on my last night! The driver on the way to the airport asked me what yoga was all about?  «so its not for fighting ? ». I replied «only the fight within yourself to conquer your own demons and discover your  true self».

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.