lundi 13 février 2012

Sivananda Ashram Dec 25th -Dec 31st

Arrived in the ashram at 4am on christmas morning. Got  a rickshaw from the bus station to teh Rickshaw. I enquired as to where it was and he gave me the exact kilometrgae so I trusted he was pretty genuine. He rang the bell at the gate continuosly until , a young American or Canadian girl surfaced. She gave me sheets, showed me a bed in the dorm. Yoga was at 8. I suggested that I might not make yoga as I may need sleep. She looked at me in a way that suggested that I should be at yoga. Right so.


Special Christmas lunch served on a banana leaf. The most exotic christmas lunch I've ever had(sorry mam, you know i ve never really been big into the turkey scene). The ashram is beautiful, magical, mysterious.  

The first day was quite overwhelming, morning meditation , chanting, yoga, lunch, karma yoga, more yoga, meditation and chanting. I was hesitant to join in the chanting at first. That didn't last too long.
Surrounded by like-minded people. Yogis, reikis, travellers, camino st Jacquers - wow!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.